A diversified energy asset manager is hiring a Quant Risk Analyst to join the team in their Houston, TX headquarters.
The firm owns several power generation assets across the USA operating primarily on the ERCOT and PJM grids. Their portfolio includes natural gas, nuclear, and other renewable energy projects generating over 10,000 mW in total.
This individual will join the team in Houston and assist in optimizing energy assets, design and enhance physical and financial hedge strategy, and develop risk and pricing models.
- Develop risk and pricing models across all generation assets in the portfolio
- Work with the front office to optimize assets and maximize production/PnL
- Create new risk and performance metrics working closely with the CRO
- Design and build tools and analytics
- Implement and enhance the ETRM system
- 4+ years of market risk experience
- Proficiency using Python, SQL, and Excel/VBA
- Strong knowledge of physically and financially traded energy products (FTR/CRR, renewable energy credits, carbon credits, futures and options)
- Model and analytics development (VaR modelling, pricing models, PnL attribution, etc)
- Expertise with PJM and ERCOT markets