A leading lower middle market Private Equity firm is seeking a Private Equity Associate to join their team. Having just closed their second fund, the firm has some dry powder to work with and has been incredibly active in the market. That said, this role offers the opportunity to join a stable & successful firm while gaining a tremendous amount of hands-on exposure to transactions across sectors such as business services and tech-enabled services. This role also offers the opportunity for long-term growth within the firm - it is not a 2 & out program, and the firm is seeking someone they can see growing with the team longer term.
The Private Equity Associate will be responsible for:
- Execution of broader market and industry research
- Financial modeling, valuation analysis, and returns analysis for potential investment targets
- Taking point on due diligence processes
- Monitoring and evaluating existing investment portfolio
- Assisting the team with operating / portfolio company work
The Private Equity Associate should have the following qualifications:
- 1 - 3 years of investment banking experience performing M&A with a reputable middle market or lower middle market bank OR 1-3 years of transaction-focused consulting experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Superior financial analysis, modeling, budgeting, and forecasting skills (there will be a modeling test).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and exceptional work ethic
- Previous experience or interest in sectors such as business services or tech-enabled services