Principal Data Engineer | AWS, HPC | Top 5 Hedge Fund in Boston
One of Boston's top Hedge Funds has had an elite track record of success over the past 4.5 years; they have doubled their AUM, and now have $100+ Billion in AUM. They are building out a new cloud team to redefine the scope and performance of their data processing systems and infrastructure. This team will work in a greenfield environment, designing brand new systems from scratch.
In this role, you will architect and implement AWS, Big Data, and streaming solutions to massively increase the scale of data that the quantitative research, analytics, and trading teams are able to leverage. This team has already identified AWS, Big Data, and HPC technologies to build their initial POCs, but you will be asked to introduce new technologies as development progresses.
Define the future of high-performance trading systems:
- Introduce and evaluate cutting edge Big Data, HPC, and Cloud technologies to build critical, highly complex distributed system from scratch
- Lead the migration to AWS as a hands-on technical leader
- Act as a critical thought leader, consulting and mentoring other teams as your new systems transform the way this entire firm leverages data
- BS or equivalent degree
- 8+ years of hands-on software development or data engineering experience
- Significant expertise with multiple AWS services (Kinesis, Lambda, EMR, Glue, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch Service, Redshift, Athena, QuickSight, etc.)
- Expertise with Python, Spark, and Hadoop
- Experience working in Financial Services, ideally supporting performance sensitive trading systems
- Extremely competitive employee benefits program, 401K, and compensation package
- One of the best-rated work cultures and work/life balances in the business
- Casual dress, collaborative teams, and work from home flexibility