A Top American Global Asset Management firm located in LA specializing in alternative investment strategies is looking to fill a junior position which covers Portfolio Construction and Risk Reporting that rolls directly up to the Head of Risk and provides daily interaction with the Portfolio Managers and the investments team from day one.
The firm is currently in the process of building out its portfolio operations for their Multi-Strategy portfolio and looking for someone to assist in the day-to-day management of portfolio operations, cash management, and asset allocation. Along with supporting the PMs, this individual will be tasked with the development of reports, as well as participating in the research and creation of new reports that will be presented to senior management. Essentially, this hire will be trained directly by the Head of Risk in assisting the daily operations of the firm's multi-strategy portfolios.
The firm is looking for a junior candidate with at least 3 years of industry experience at an Asset Manager or Investment Bank, prior experience in risk reporting and data analysis, familiarity with SQL and Excel, and strong knowledge of credit instruments.
- Assisting portfolio managers with the daily operations and risk management of a multi-strategy portfolio
- Developing and presenting standardized and ad hoc reports to senior management
- Preparing analyses and reports for PMs and Client Relations
- Cash Management, asset allocation, and support of the PM team with ad hoc requests
- 3-6 years of industry experience at an Asset Manager or Investment Bank
- Prior experience in risk reporting and data analysis
- Strong knowledge of Credit Instruments (High Yield Bonds, Leveraged Loans, Convertible Securities, Structured Credit, etc.)
- Familiarity with SQL and Excel, Python is a plus