A Bulge Bracket Bank is looking to hire an experienced Vice President to oversee Operational & Credit Risk frameworks across its Commercial Lending division. This person will be responsible for ensuring procedures, controls, and frameworks are properly developed and maintained; identifying key risks, issues, and gaps & creating proper remediation plans; and presenting / communicating all matters up to senior management. This team is also responsible for the oversight of a number of strategic initiatives and programs across the division and will offer exposure to a number of senior stakeholders close to the business.
Ideal candidates will have 7+ years of experience in Operational & Credit Risk, a strong understanding of risk frameworks, and prior experience in Institutional Lending. Candidates coming from Wholesale Credit Risk that are interested in pivoting into an Operational Risk role can also be considered.
- Oversee strategic initiatives, programs, and frameworks across Commercial/Corporate Credit Risk
- Identify key gaps & risks, create remediation plans, develop KPIs/KRIs, etc.
- Lead independent monitoring and assessments to challenge the 1st line, conduct tests of the control environment, and lead risk reviews/deep dives
- Escalate issues to senior management, create presentations, and develop & maintain relationships across the division
- 7+ years of experience in Operational Risk AND Credit Risk
- Deep understanding of ORM frameworks, Risk Assessments, Risk ID, KRIs/KPIs, Deep Dives/Lessons Learned, etc.
- Excellent communication skills & the ability to work closely with senior stakeholders
- 1st line & 2nd line experience would be a plus