Leading financial institution is expanding the capital markets team and is seeking an operational risk manager to perform testing and risk controls initiatives across the organization. The risk manager will interact heavily with front office trading and trading operations teams while having visibility across the entire group. The manager will also have oversight of governance and remediation activities as well as strategize with business leadership within capital markets.
On a day to day, the risk manager will assess operational trading risks while ensuring that proper & accurate risk assessments are performed on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Assess risks and understand appropriate controls within capital markets while identifying deficiencies
- Conduct risk assessments and apply proper risk controls and testing procedures
- Meet with various business stakeholders to perform design reviews and test designs and operating efficacy of controls
- Synthesize and capture findings, results, and provide recommendations to senior leadership
- 5+ years of experience in operational risk, risk controls, governance, or internal audit within Capital Markets/Mortgage Industry
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Economics or equivalent
- Experience with controls testing for Operational Risk Management
- Knowledge of Mortgage Markets or Capital Markets Trading and Operations
- Great communication, attention to detail, and ability to interact with stakeholders at various levels
- CFA, FRM, CPA, CIA, CISA or other relevant certifications preferred but not required