An industry leading Insurance firm is looking to hire an Operational Risk Manager to join its team in Boston. This position will roll directly up to the CRO and will act as a key player as the firm builds out a new digital platform. This person will be responsible for identifying and mitigating risks across all lines of business, influencing and challenging key stakeholders and senior management, and working directly with the CRO on a number of strategic projects.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in Operational Risk, excellent communication skills, the ability to influence senior stakeholders across the business, and an understanding of IT/data is a plus.
- Enhance Operational Risk frameworks as the firm builds out a new digital platform
- Lead Operational Risk activities such as risk identification, risk reviews, and risk reporting across multiple business lines
- Represent ORM in global discussions and projects
- Work directly with the CRO on a number of strategic projects
- Influence and challenge key stakeholders and senior management
- 5+ years of experience in Operational Risk
- A background in retail life insurance is preferred
- Excellent communication & relationship building skills
- Knowledge of IT or data analytics would be a plus