A top Hedge Fund in the Greater New York City area is looking to hire an Associate to their Operational Risk team to report directly to the Head of Operational Risk. The fund is top-20 in the U.S. in terms of assets under management (>$20B AUM) and runs both fundamental and quantitative strategies across all asset classes including equities, fixed income, FX, Rates, Commodities, Cryptos, etc.
The Operational Risk Team is accountable for risk governance, risk identification, risk assessments, independent challenge, resiliency management and event management. The team focuses on driving risk remediation through control optimization and rigorous risk analysis. In this role, you will be joining a lean team that works cross-functionally with a number of other groups across the firm. The Head of the team is looking for find someone with less than 5 years of experience who they can mold into a leader internally and rely on for the long term.
- Conduct RCSA workshops with relevant business units and corporate functions
- Support the risk assessment and control methodology (inherent risk, control effectiveness, etc.)
- Manage and maintain the status of the firm-wide RCSA program including status of assessments, issues, and action plans
- Support training sessions with firm users as required
- Build and maintain ORM reference data
- Cover process inventory, risk taxonomy, and control library management
- Build and manage relationships across Operations, Portfolio Management, Technology, Legal, and other stakeholders
- A BA/BS in Business or MIS is preferred
- 2-4 years of experience in Finance
- Experience supporting operational risk frameworks
- Proven understanding of RCSAs