My client who is a large international Hedge Fund is currently looking for an Operational Risk & Control Manager who will assist the business in the implementation and execution of the risk management framework.
In this role, you will work closely with business managers and their operational teams to identify, assess and propose mitigating actions in relation to entity level, business, and operational risks.
In this role:
- You will lead the "in control" agenda for operational risk for the business: be responsible for all aspects ranging from process maintenance and risk event logging to providing assurance to management;
- You will be assisting the business managers in designing, assessing, and managing the control environment, developing and supporting a consistent best practice design and the effective execution of internal controls;
- You will be responsible for periodic risk assessments and risk event management: and as subject matter expert, actively facilitate Risk and Control Self-Assessments ;
- You will be identifying, documenting, and assessing on a proactive basis key controls for testing.
- You will be in charge of operational readiness: coordination of in-control matters at hand with key partners including Risk Management, Internal Audit, Compliance, and Business Management;
- In terms of Governance: you will ensure efficient organization and execution of key risk governance committees including preparation and coordination of meeting materials, recording minutes, and in the case of the Operational Risk Committee (ORC) and being an active participant/chair of the meeting.
- In terms of Reporting: You will provide a monthly OCM report, which is part of ORC documentation.
- You are educated to a University degree level
- You have strong knowledge of risk management and operational controls;
- You have a minimum of 4 years risk and control management-related work experience in a financial services institution;
- You have a good understanding of the funds industry and banking
- You are fluent in English, both verbal and in writing;
- You have excellent writing skills (particularly in the context of report writing and minute taking for risk governance meetings;