You will work in the Controlling, Valuation, Risk & Projects department within the Controlling & Risk Management department.
The team is responsible for evaluations of Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) as well as responsible for group-wide risk management.
- Coordination of valuation processes and creation of valuation models for M&A projects (Buyer and seller side), such as onshore and offshore wind, hydropower, and Photovoltaic projects that evaluate other technologies, such as pumping or battery storage systems and gas-fired power plants
- Accompaniment of evaluation processes for new construction and investment projects of the operational business from the group, the support of the decision-making process, and the assessment of Investment projects based on the risk/return profile
- Continuous further development of the group-wide valuation principles and Evaluation instructions
- Support of group-wide activities, such as the expert network for assessment, Initiatives to improve decision-making, and close collaboration within the Group controlling or with other commercials, or technical functions
Your do-it-yourself skills
- Excellent university degree with a focus on economics, finance or mathematics or any other quantitative background
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in controlling, finance, or valuation
- In-depth knowledge of valuation methodologies (especially DCF) and capital market theory is required as well as the ability to set up assessment models independently
- General knowledge of the energy sector in terms of markets, technologies, opportunities, and risks preferably with a focus on renewable energies
- Personal motivation to drive projects and to further develop the Controlling & Risk department Management to contribute
- Enthusiasm as well as a high level of self-motivation and perseverance
- Results-oriented way of working and the ability to independently complex even under time pressure to solve problems
- Excellent communication and the ability to quickly establish effective working relationships within the teams and with other departments or with external partners
- Fluent written and spoken English, German would be a plus