An International Investment Bank is looking to prioritize growth on their US Market Risk Management team, hiring a Market Risk Manager to cover their trading businesses and report directly up to the Head of US Market Risk for the firm.
The hire will be joining a lean team, serving as a Risk Manager who will be groomed into a trading floor risk manager by the Head of Market Risk, gaining broad exposure covering market risk monitoring, reporting, and oversight across trading desks and asset classes.
The position will sit on the trading floor, cover daily risk reporting and monitoring, work with senior management in reviews, risk limits and metrics, presentations for risk committees, and offers the opportunity to join a growing team that wants to train up a new hire to rely on for the long-term.
- Daily reporting and monitoring of U.S. market risk metrics across all product groups
- Identifying market risk limit breaches, verifying the accuracy of the breaches, discussing next actions to be performed by the desk to remediate the breach, then following up with reporting
- Assisting in the preparation each month and each quarter, of reporting that is used by the various committees and reporting viewed by the U.S. and foreign regulators
- Assisting with market risk reporting enhancements, particularly using Tableau and other propriety systems to develop improved analytics
- At least 3 years of experience in risk management or trading desks
- Deep market knowledge/interest across all product groups
- Effective communication skills with the front office and trading floor
- Experience in Management Information Systems Reporting