One of the largest and most respected Medicaid managed care organizations in the country is looking to hire a manager to help lead their Medicaid actuarial team. You'd be responsible for leading a team of actuaries and executing all of the actuarial functions related to the company's Medicaid business. You would provide actuarial analyses in support of benefit and provider reimbursement changes, cost containment programs, and revenue rate adjustments from State Medicaid offices. While in this role you will be reporting directly into the firm's Chief Actuary and will have the opportunity to liaise with a number of different teams across the business.
The Manager, Actuarial Services will be responsible for:
- Providing information to determine Medicaid rate requirements and support rate requests and strategies.
- Assisting in the rate negotiation process.
- Preparing actuarial financial reports (internal GAAP, State Medicaid Requirements)
- Managing staff of actuaries supporting assigned lines of business
The Manager, Actuarial Services should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree actuarial science, statistics, or mathematics or other business field (Master's Degree a plus)
- 7 years of actuarial experience working in health insurance
- Experience working with Medicaid
- 1-2 years of management experience
- Have attained FSA designation or near it