My client is a leading electronic trading firm that is working with cutting edge technology located in Austin, Texas. Their employees are working with highly automated servers that they are responsible for designing, building, and supporting.
They are seeking a candidate who can analyze and diagnose Linux based issues, and can take part in identifying opportunities to make the servers run more efficiently. The best part of the role is that the candidate would get to aid in the development of long-term infrastructure strategies, and ultimately play a big part in the future of the platform.
- 5+ years background in Linux or Unix administration
- Kernel tuning experience
- Experience with BIOS configuration
- Knowledge of Git, Yum, Ansible, Kickstart, and SVN
- A great understanding of networking protocols and topology (NFS, DHCP, IP, TCP, UDP, TFTP, and NTP)
- A problem solver or strategic thinker that is innovative
- Self-motivated, great with organization and time management
- A high tolerance to shifting priorities
- The ability to manage a variety of projects and coordination with different teams and vendors.
- Must be based in the US with valid visa (H1B / Greencard).
This firm gives great opportunity to make an impact in a very visible role, and possesses teams that are passionate about what they do. The community values hard work but also promotes a healthy work-life balance.