Lead Software Engineer (AWS, Distributed Systems) | Elite Hedge Fund | Boston
One of Boston's top Hedge Funds has had an elite track record of success over the past 4.5 years; they have doubled their AUM, and now have $100+ Billion in AUM. They are in the early stages of a a critical greenfield initiative to build out their AWS systems and applications from scratch. In this role, you will lead the design and development of brand-new cloud native applications, and convert monolithic applications into a microservice based architecture.
This position will play a major role in shaping the technology landscape for this firm going forward; your work leading the transformation of highly complex distributed systems into AWS will directly impact this firm's most essential trading and research systems. You will also have the opportunity to mentor and consult other teams as a thought leader as their cloud environment matures, so this role has significant growth potential as one of this firm's primary AWS leaders.
- BS or equivalent degree
- 8+ years of hands-on software engineering experience with Java, .NET, or Python
- Significant expertise with multiple AWS services (Kinesis, Lambda, EMR, Glue, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch Service, Redshift, Athena, QuickSight, etc.)
- Experience with REST APIs or services
- Experience with Spring or Spring Boot
- Experience with Microservices
- Extremely competitive employee benefits program, 401K, and compensation package
- One of the best-rated work cultures and work/life balances in the business
- Casual dress, collaborative teams, and work from home flexibility