Client & role summary: They are one of the largest commodity traders around the globe and they are looking for a KYC officer with a diverse background (advisory is a big plus) to join their HQ in Zug. This employee will advise locally & globally to the business & internal units on various topics.
- Carry out due diligence on new and existing counterparties globally and locally, considering factors such as sanctions, anti-money laundering (AML), prevention of facilitation of tax evasion, and reputation.
- Conduct quality assurance on KYC cases of other team members and handle escalations related to high-risk counterparties.
- Provide support to other members of the KYC team and serve as a point of contact for any questions.
- Engage directly with counterparties and internal stakeholders worldwide regarding KYC due diligence.
- Perform compliance screening and resolve overnight matches on counterparties to identify, document, and mitigate risks associated with compliance, regulations, and reputation.
- Collaborate with the team head and team members on various compliance projects and inquiries.
- Hold an academic degree or an equivalent qualification.
- Possess 5+ years of relevant working experience in areas such as KYC, AML, sanctions, or similar fields.
- Advisory background & knowledge is a big plus
- Previous experience in an international company is advantageous.
- Demonstrate interest in compliance topics.
- Fluent in English (corporate language), with additional languages being beneficial but not mandatory.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in using IT applications such as MS Office.
For more information, please reach out to Yagiz Cakmak