Junior//Medior Credit Risk Modeler
To further advance the development of new models and enhance existing models, including scorecards, we are looking for a junior credit risk modeller
- Responsible for local model development, ensuring the local regulatory requirements are taken into account.
- Liaising with our UK model development team.
- Performing of complex data processing using established procedures and testing new procedures to gauge if they might represent improvements over existing methods.
- Applying and challenging advanced statistical/technical methods in the development of credit risk models.
- Ensuring a reliable infrastructure, including models, data, control environment and compliance with internal policies and external regulatory requirements.
- Using up-to-date model development standards and processes and developing these further.
- Building effective relationships with colleagues in the wider Risk team and across partnering business functions (such as Modelling and validation functions, Finance, Customer Analytics and Risk Infrastructure).
- Working pro-actively with IT and operational areas to drive forward and mitigate issues in the implementation and use of the models.
- Postgraduate qualification in a relevant subject (econometrics, statistics, maths, operational research).
- Excellent English communication skills both verbal and in writing.
- Business reporting and statistical analytical skills to comprehend local systems in SAS and SQL programming language.
- Knowledge and understanding of and experience with credit risk modelling approaches for IRB and IFRS 9 models.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements regarding internal models for retail credit risk.
- Good knowledge and understanding of regulatory modelling requirements for capital and accounting related credit risk models
- Experience in the development of Retail (Capital) models.
- Understanding of modern risk management techniques within Retail Banking, and in the use of risk models.
- Experience in the extraction and manipulation of data to support risk model development.
- Experienced in the use of computer-based software and/or statistical packages.