A top Retail Company is in search of a Corporate Counsel to oversee the company's extensive patent portfolio and assist with general corporate matters. This individual will assist with all IP matters for the firm's advancing products and inventions. They will additionally work cross-functionally to provide transactional legal support in regards to various corporate, production, and design matters as needed. Given the importance of this position, the firm is looking for a highly collaborative and professional attorney to be a dependable second member of the team.
The Corporate Counsel will be responsible for:
- Transactional legal support for all commercial matters for the firm globally.
- Support the brands marketing and production teams in regards to copyright, trademark, and utilities issues.
- Legal counsel for all IP matters and managing outside counsel.
- Providing legal assistance for any special engagements and operational matters as needed.
The Corporate Counsel should have the following skills/experience:
- JD from an accredited law school.
- 5+ years experience at a law firm or in-house.
- Specific legal experience with IP and general Corporate matters.
- Experience within the utilities.