An industry-leading Asset Manager is looking to hire an Investment Risk Manager to help scale up a centralized risk function for their new Reinsurance business. The Reinsurance business is a newly established division of the firm, and will be focused on providing capital-based solutions to insurance companies and their stakeholders. This division will be split across North America and Europe, and the business has significant budget allocated to building out this new division over the next decade.
In this role, you will be the second most senior person in the Investment Risk team, and you'll be tasked with working directly with the CRO to build out and implement Investment Risk frameworks for the business. Additionally, you'll be overseeing company-wide investment and managing any potential market risk. You will enter this role as a Leader/SME, and will take on management responsibilities as the firm continues to add more junior investment risk talent.
- Work with the CRO to design and implement an investment risk framework and management process for the Reinsurance business
- Monitor and review credit and market risk in the investment portfolio, while working closely with front office teams
- Evaluate, develop, and implement enhancements to the firm's risk models for the investment portfolio, and oversee reporting for management to review model outputs, sensitivities, and results
- Review transactions that are presented to the Investment Committee and provide an overview of potential investment risks
- Provide oversight of ALM, interest rate, FX, and equity market risk and provide expertise to develop hedging strategies
- Be a contributing member of the Risk Committee
- 8+ years of experience in Asset Management or Reinsurance
- Strong knowledge of credit products including: Securitized products (MBS, ABS. CMBS, etc.), private credit, CLOs.
- Strong analytical background
- Knowledge of Blackrock Aladdin is a plus
- Excellent leadership ability
- Strong communication skills