We have a current opportunity for a Health Actuarial Consultant on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Syracuse. For further information about this position please apply.
Position Summary: We are seeking a skilled Healthcare Actuarial Consultant to join our team. As a specialist in Post-Retirement IBNR (Incurred But Not Reported) reports, you will play a critical role in evaluating and analyzing healthcare-related liabilities post-retirement. Your expertise will be instrumental in ensuring accurate and insightful reports for our clients. They're looking for someone either with their ASA or a few exams away from ASA. Their ideal candidate is someone who comes from a consulting background that's comfortable interacting with clients
- Conduct a thorough analysis of healthcare-related data to estimate IBNR liabilities for post-retirement benefits.
- Collaborate with the actuarial team to ensure accurate assumptions and methodologies are applied in IBNR calculations.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation of IBNR reports, methodologies, and assumptions.
- Provide valuable insights and recommendations based on IBNR analysis to support strategic decision-making for clients.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, regulations, and best practices related to post-retirement healthcare benefits.
- Assist in client meetings and presentations, effectively communicating complex actuarial concepts in a clear and understandable manner.
- Develop Rate Settings
- Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field.
- Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA) designation
- Experience in healthcare actuarial consulting
- OPEB experience
- 3+ years of actuarial experience
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Generous retirement savings plan with company matching.
- Paid time off and flexible work arrangements.
- Professional development opportunities, including support for continuing education and certification programs.
- Join a dynamic team of experts dedicated to providing innovative actuarial solutions.
- Enjoy a healthy work-life balance with flexible hours.
- Benefit from a supportive and inclusive work environment.
- Contribute to meaningful projects that have a positive impact on our clients' financial well-being.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to [Email Address]. Please include "Healthcare Actuarial Consultant - in the subject line.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.