I am currently working with a Fintech looking for a Head of Data Science who can wear multiple hats and help build out the infrastructure of the team. This is a hands-on modeling and analytics role focused on credit models related to customer acquisition, underwriting, and customer management.
- Build predictive ML models from development through testing and validation for customer acquisition, underwriting and customer management.
- Develop insights and data visualizations to solve complex problems and communicate ideas to internal stakeholders.
- Extract and analyze data, investigate data integrity, generate metrics and perform ad hoc analysis.
- Partner with data engineers to validate & deploy solutions in an efficient, sustainable & usable manner.
- Research new and enhanced model features to improve our risk decisions.
- Framing and project management of key data science projects with cross functional teams
- Hire and mentor junior members of the data science team
What You'll Bring
- Advanced degree in quantitative field (statistics, math, economics, physics, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience in roles related to data science, statistics, or machine learning along with 2+ years of experience as a data science manager
- Experience with commercial and emerging databases, technologies, and languages
- Experience with applying statistics and machine learning methods to solve business problems
- Strong knowledge of R , SQL and Python.
- Ability to self-start and self-directed work in an unstructured environment, comfortable dealing with ambiguity and approaching new problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication to effectively understand business problems and communicate analysis