A leading global insurance group is offering an exciting opportunity to join them as a Financial Accounting Specialist. You will be working closely alongside a highly-qualified team of professionals and subject matter experts on a variety of global projects, focusing primarily on IFRS reporting and engaging with international stakeholders.
The Financial Accounting Specialist will:
- Work closely with experienced colleagues in specialised functions
- Participate in the preparation of financial statements for international subsidiaries as well as agile projects
- Take responsibility for financial closing and reporting tasks in an organized and structured manner
- Use a range of approaches to collect relevant information in order to help in preparing reports for management
- Ensure full compliance with both external and local reporting requirements for IFRS and Solvency II
- Assist in the development and improvement of processes and the implementation of internal controls functions
- Coordinate and perform internal quality controls
- Liaise with different branches both domestically and abroad on accounting- and reporting-related questions, including outsourced functions
- Act as the point of contact for both internal and external auditors
- Have a degree in Finance, Business Studies or a related subject, being a Certified Accountant is also an advantage
- Possess a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in either an Accounting, Finance or Controlling function
- Have an in-depth knowledge of IFRS topics, experience with HGB, corporation tax rules, Solvency II and SAP is desirable too
- Be able to manage agile projects and understand complex processes involving data flows
- Work well in a team and have excellent time management and organisational skills, as well as a strong sense of personal responsibility
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, fluency in Geman and other European languages is preferable
Our client is a leading international insurance group, who are reinforcing their European operations in the DACH region, particularly relating to their Financial Accounting department.
To apply for the Financial Accounting Specialist role, please contact Tom Flint, Specialist Recruitment Consultant at Selby Jennings, on LinkedIn or on +4930726211419
We are looking forward to hearing from you soon!