A top Fortune-500 asset-based trading power company is looking to build out their risk team based in Houston. The company is an industry leader in the power and renewable space, and owns generation assets around the globe. They're actively looking to expand their footprint in the United States and are hiring across all business lines.
This role will report directly to the head of the commercial business and will work cross-functionally with a number of teams. The firm is ideally looking for someone with 3+ years of experience, strong exposure to working with ETRM systems, knowledge of power and renewables, and the desire to build a career for the long-term.
- Oversee and become an expert with the firm's ETRM system for post-trade booking (Allegro).
- Complete energy asset portfolio risk metrics and valuations, apply financial modeling and risk measurements for power and renewable generation projects.
- Perform sensitivity and scenario analysis on current and potential transactions.
- Serve as a point of contact to senior stakeholders for risk metrics associated with existing and proposed transactions.
- Present on the risk committee.
- Familiarity with ETRM systems, preferably Allegro.
- Prior experience with financial markets or market risk in the commodity industry.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Deep knowledge of energy markets.