We are leading a search for a Director of Policy & Strategy for Third Party Risk with a leading global financial services organization with headquarters across the US.
You will be providing leadership and strategy for operational risks - including business resiliency, information and payment risks. This position will be responsible for development a centralized 1LOD function to enable and drive consistency in risk management across all types of third parties and all business divisions, and provide a consolidated view of third party risk to the organization. Strong partnership with first and second line of defense is required to ensure management of third party risks aligns with policies and standards.
- Exposure to/with a highly matrixed organization, lots of stakeholder groups from different risk pillars, governance forums, large internal risk organization.
- Communication skills, executive presence, comfortable being in governance forums, not only driving the design of policy strategy.
- Experience leading a team and developing individuals. Someone who prioritizes the development of their team. You will have 3 direct reports, team size will be assessed in Q3 of next year and you will be tsked to hire and grow your team.
- An MBA, Organizational Policy Masters, or industry certifications, someone who has expressed a passion point that this is their path, additional development - this is a very high visible, high profile role, leading improvement to meet heightened standards from regulators. Building and designing what they procedures will be utilizing.
- We are looking for someone who is ambitious and has a desire to understand the company as a whole. This is a global role with an impact on every single business line in the company.
- This will be the 1st hire in this "start-up" group (Director, Policy and Strategy) and will be working alongside a Director of Quality Assurance and a Director of Portfolio Risk Analysis.