I am working with a top American Multinational Investment Bank who is looking to bring onboard a Director-level Model Validator to work directly with the Global Head of the Group to validate models for Rates and Equities. This hire will be integral in migrating the firm to an in-house model and serving as a primary relationship holder on the desk. This is a senior-facing role with high visibility to senior management.
The hire will be responsible for validating risk models for rates and/or equities products from a hands-on perspective with minimal supervision and can sit in a business-facing seat to collaborate and interface with senior stakeholders and management on a daily basis.
The firm is ideally looking for candidates who are subject matter experts in the product areas for the respective models, at least 6+ years of experience in model validation and prior leadership experience as this hire will also be tasked with helping to develop and train junior consultants. A strong quantitative skillset and proficiency in Python will be necessary as well.
- Hands-on model validation of Rates and/or Equities models
- Model review, challenging and revalidation of all models
- Serving as a senior-leader on desk, helping to train and develop junior consultants
- Communicating results of all model validation activities to the Global Head of the Group and senior stakeholders
- 6+ years of hands-on model validation experience
- Subject matter expert in Rates and Equities products
- Excellent communication skills and leadership experience
- Strong programming skills in Python