Selby Jennings is a leading specialist recruitment firm for banking and financial services. For more than 15 years, we have given professionals peace of mind that the recruitment journey is in expert hands. Our continual investment in best-in-class technologies and consultant training enables us to match candidates and world-leading companies with speed, precision and accuracy. Today, Selby Jennings operates all over the world to help professionals re-imagine their careers, globally.
Our client is top family firm in Hong Kong, they have both primary and public markets with good track record.
They are searching for a Senior Data Engineer / NLP Engineer on an investment team, in this role, you will using advanced data analytic to assist investment decisions.
As a Data/NLP Engineer, you will be responsible for the following...
- Collaborating with data users to understand requirements
- Design, implement and maintain web scrapes for alternative data sets
- Help with data procurement and deliver analyses
- Build and deploy data pipelines
As a Data/NLP Engineer, you should have the following requirements...
- 5+ years of experience as Data Engineer handling web-scraping, have strong understanding of building cloud-based data platform (AWS spark, EMR, Sagemaker, etc.)
- 3+ years of Python development experience
- 3+ years of experience in ML or NLP intensive (NER, Entity Disambiguation)
- Programming languages knowledge is a plus (Java, C/C++, etc.)
- Flat and collaborative culture
- The opportunity to work with experts in this industry
If you or anyone in your network are interested in this position and would like to learn more, please don't hesitate to apply!