Overview: We are partnered with an investment firm based in San Francisco that is seeing a massive influx of growth and is looking to bring on an experienced Data Scientist/Engineer to add to this success. This firm has a significant focus toward alternative data implementation and is eager to be introduced to those geared toward that as well. This individual will join the data scientist/engineer teams where they will be sitting in a research-oriented role that works with complex data sets. The main strategy they are dealing with pertains to L/S equity.
This individual will be a driving factor in the continuing growth of the company and will be privy to an incredibly engaging, high-energy, and rapidly evolving business environment where they encourage creative, new ideas.
This company is a spin-off of a prestigious hedge-fund that aims to implement a similar investment strategy but in a more autonomous culture. This individual will be a pivotal impacting factor in the company's investment process and will allow them to get direct visibility of their efforts.
- Work with substantial data sets to unravel a great landscape of intriguing problems using market neutral equity strategies
- Apply skills from computer science background into developing quantitative models
- Implement a high bar concerning the quality of coding and the development of tests
- Advanced training in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, or another highly quantitative field
- Strong in Python or R languages
- Familiarity with SQL, AWS, Snowflake, Airflow, Shiny, Rstudio, Tableau and Jupyter
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Hands on experience working with large data sets and leveraging alternative data