- Develop and maintain the credit risk exposure models
- Conduct an in-depth Quantitative Analysis to assess the credit risk and strength of counterparts in the Energy sector
- Analyse Credit Exposure scenarios for the businesses current and future transactions, with the ability to calculate its credit price (CVA).
- Ability to enhance and optimise the Internal ETRM system and developing the quantitative and reporting tools used by the Credit department, Market Risk, Finance and Front Office teams.
- Support the Credit and Commercial functions in the assessment and review of the credit risk across specific transactions (both current and new).
- Experience calculating PFE, EPE and ENE using the internal infrastructure - Excel and VBA.
- Produce daily, weekly and monthly credit risk/ CVA exposure reports for the executive board, finance teams and management.
- Provide your recommendations on credit risk mitigation, keeping in mind the immediate and long-term commercial activities and development of the business.
- Help mentor and develop the junior candidates within the team.
- A degree in Quantitative Finance, Mathematics, Physics, or other science disciplines.
- 6 years' experience sitting in a Similar position within a commodity trading house.
- Fluent in German - with the ability to communicate clearly and hold business meetings with German counterparts
- Strong financial analysis of Gas & Power derivatives.
- Ability in manging credit risk exposure modelling and credit pricing (CVA).
- Strong understanding of both physical and financial energy commodities including Gas, Power and Oil - 3 years + experience.
- Previous experience mentoring junior members of a team through projects and managing a team.
- Proven track record in project delivery and experience working in a fast-paced environment.