As a result of incredible growth and success, a leading and top-performing global equities asset management firm, with AUM of approximately $3bn, are hiring a Chief Operating Officer to join the flourishing asset manager. The firm is a long-only successful asset manager that has sustained strong and rapid growth in the last 5 years.
The main remit of this exciting position is to oversee the organization's ongoing operations and procedures. The position is ideal for a high caliber and talented individual with previous, relevant experience within the investment management sector, who is looking for a highly strategic leadership role with a broad remit.
This would suit a creative, critical thinker who is looking to take on challenging, high impact projects as well as running a fully dedicated team of six. The successful candidate will be responsible for the efficiency of the firm and the direction of growth.
- Leadership and oversight of the asset managers complete operations and business development.
- Working alongside the firm's CEO and Head of Research to develop the strategy.
- Maximizing the efficiency of the asset manager, to support and sustain further business growth.
- Overseeing the company's daily operations and the work of division heads.
- Serving as an established member of the investment risk committee and the audit and remuneration committee.
- Establishing exciting policies that promote the companies culture and vision.
- Responsible for the maintenance and development of the firm's IT, trading and reporting capability.
- Leading employees by example and encouraging maximum performance and dedication.
- Directing project management staff and internal controls.
- Working closely with investor relations, compliance, financial operations, and other staff.
- Working closely with, and monitoring key stakeholder's performances and pricings.
Essential Candidate Requirements
- A minimum of 10 years (or relevant) of comparable experience, in the operations of asset management businesses.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, law degree or accounting qualification.
- Exceptional record of professional achievement.
- Expertise in managing people and processes across different functions.
- Keen attention to detail, excellent analytical skills, ability to think Strategically and project management acumen.
- Creative, critical thinker with written and verbal communication skills who is looking to take on challenging, high-impact projects will thrive in this role.
- Ideally some experience with equities / Irish funds.
If this role is of interest, and you met the above requirements, please apply directly on this platform and a member of Selby Jennings's investment management team will be in touch.