About the role
In line with the Commercial strategy/Operating plan to lead, develop and manage all sales activities within the region
Accounts/infrastructure/programme/initiative with significant business potential and complexity in order to meet customer requirements and achieve agreed short and medium term business, sales, revenue development objectives.
What to expect
This candidate must be able to demonstrate ability to influence decisions/actions through provision of value-added inputs into the organisation's business processes.
- Forecasting and analysing local market conditions to optimise chartering opportunities.
- Conclude vessel fixtures for maximum utilisation and earnings.
- Develop new ship-owners and maintain relationship.
- Has potential to develop new dry bulk accounts (steel mills, power stations, trader's)- Sourcing and gather market intelligence.
- Has potential to develop local IP new key accounts
- Effective support Head quarter's IP team for ocean freight and shipping terms.
- Set up carrier/owners/broker date base.
- Set up booking agent net.
- Office set up.
- Business reports are required to be submitted to the line manager every 1 month, 3 months and 5 months
- At least 10 years of relevant working experience in shipping prefer dry bulk
- Good knowledge about Chartering business
- Good international trade route
- Good knowledge of broker working model
- Good relationship-building ability
- Good knowledge on cargo trade
- Good knowledge on ship supply
- Good knowledge on marco-economy trends