One of Europe's most well-renowned commercial and retail banks is looking to grow their audit team with the addition of an Audit Manager in a Credit Risk Modelling function to their industry-leading team in Berlin. This role represents a unique opportunity to lead and learn from a highly-qualified team in a key area of growth for the client.
The Audit Manager (Credit Risk Modelling) will:
- Supervise and be directly involved in the preparation of quarterly and annual audit reports for the Management Board
- Develop and implement audits across different areas of the bank, focusing primarily on credit risk models and risk management processes
- Lead projects focusing on model development processes
- Be responsible for leading audit engagements and making recommendations to senior management
- Assist in the annual risk analysis and quality assessment in order to elevate the standards of the internal audit process
As Audit Manager (Credit Risk Modelling) you can expect:
- To work in a truly international environment alongside colleagues who are experts in their field
- A thriving work culture based on learning opportunities and personal development
- 30 days holiday as standard as well as flexible working hours
- Remote working function even after Covid-19 is defeated
- Social benefits including a company pension and life insurance
- Additional benefits such as subsidised transport, discounted dining and free sports activities
- Possess a bachelor's or master's degree in a relevant field, i.e. maths, economics, statistics etc.
- Have had several years of relevant experience with the Group Audit or Risk Management department of a financial services provider or consultancy
- Already have an in-depth knowledge of German and European banking and payments regulations, as well as their implementation in banks, particularly relating to internal models for retail credit risk
- Possess a sound understanding of the auditing, development and validation of risk models and risk management processes
- Preferably hold relevant qualifications, e.g. CISA, CIA or CFSA
- Possess fluent verbal and written skills in English and ideally German
Our client is one of the world's largest banking groups, who are looking to expand their activities in the German market as one of their core strategic aims.
To apply for the Audit Manager (Credit Risk Modelling) role, please contact Tom Flint, Specialist Recruitment Consultant at Selby Jennings, with your CV at
We are looking forward to hearing from you soon!