Assistant Chartering Manager, Commodities, Location: Singapore
We are currently working with an established trading house who is for an Assistant Chartering Manager to join the team. The ideal candidate should have at least 3-6 years of experience in the dry bulk vessel chartering and a strong passion for his/her work.
- Voyage chartering for local coaster (dry and wet) and part-cargo space business
- Back up Eastern Hemisphere deep sea dry bulk and tanker chartering activities
- Charter ship and ensure suitable cargo with reasonable freight.
- Attend to trader's enquiries.
- Negotiate Charter Party terms and conditions to Company's standards.
- Provide advice on commercial matters affecting operations and demurrage risk exposure.
- Explore and maintain long-term business relationships with owners.
- Ensure suitable tonnage availability at reasonable cost for trading teams.
- Provide accurate and timely shipping information to trading teams to facilitate smooth trading activities.
- Other ad-hoc duties by management.
- At least 3-6 years of experience in the dry bulk vessel chartering
- Experience with shipowner/operator setup or trading houses will be a plus
- Strong knowledge of SEA Dry Bulk Coaster
- Experience handling charter-party and familiar with CP terms
- Tanker knowledge will be an advantage
- Strong experience with freight management system
- Ideal traits: Proactive, Team Player, Driven, Strong Time Management
- Strong stakeholder management